For the island of Oahu, you will arrive at the Honolulu International Airport and have several options of transportation between the airport and Waikiki. Taxi’s or ride share services will be the quickest and there are also shuttle services in addition to car rental companies. Most guests do not use a car for the duration of their stay so we recommend only renting a car for the days you intend to tour the island. You could also chose a chartered tour and avoid driving all together. Let’s explore some of your options.
– First and most readily accessible are cab and taxi services. Average travel time from airport is approximately 30 minutes to the Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel. Fare is approximately $30-45 one-way. Pick-up on lower lever/baggage claim level. They are usually queued so waiting is minimal.
– Next are shuttle services. Roberts Hawaii is a popular shuttle bus company here on Oahu. The rate is $16.00 USD/one way and $30.00 USD/round trip. Pay on board. Pick-up on lower lever baggage claim level. They run about every 15-30 minutes. Roberts Hawaii: (808) 523-7750 website: www.robertshawaii.com
– Alternatively, you can use the city bus. Average travel time is approximately 1-1 ½ hours. Fares are $2.75 one-way. (Exact Cash) Carry-on items are limited and large luggage is not allowed. Pay on board. Pick-up on upper lever/ticketing level. Services run about every 15 minutes. Bus routes 19 & 20 will bring you directly into Waikiki to within a block of the office. Make sure when boarding to verify with the driver that the bus is headed to Waikiki. You will depart the bus upon arrival at Kuhio Ave and Liliuokalani Ave in Waikiki. The Bus: (808) 848-5555 www.thebus.org
– A fourth option is a rental car. However a rental car is not needed for a duration of your stay. We recommend renting a car from Waikiki for the dates you plan to tour the island. Free street parking is hard to obtain however paid public parking garages are available throughout Waikiki.
Uber or Lyft
– Lastly, Rideshare services are available with a broad ranges of service fees ranging from $36 to $77.
The office address is 2463 Kuhio Avenue, Honolulu, Hawaii 96815. The rates quotes are as of July 2018 and may change without notice.