The City uses a multi-layered system to notify and alert residents and non-residents of disaster or emergencies. Ways the city will notify, alert, or warn you of disasters:
- Radio and television broadcasts
- Emergency Alert System (EAS) notification to radio/television/NOAA weather radio
- Outdoor siren warning system
- Responders using public address systems
- Nixle notification services
Nixle keeps you up-to-date with relevant information from local public safety departments and schools.
TEXT 96815 TO 888777 TO OPT-IN TO RECEIVE NIXLE ALERTS FOR HONOLULU AND WAIKIKI